The right thing to do would be to tell the employer so they can fix the
machine properly and be aware that they may have a malware infested machine
that may be doing bad things on their network and to other machines.  To do
otherwise is irresponsible.  The employer may be much more dissatisfied
with the employee if things drag on and the problem migrates to other
computers in the organization.