I was reading this article found here --> https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/09/25/bash-shellshock-vulnerability-what-you-need-to-know/

John Harris stated:

Serious, yes, but still a Storm in a teacup here, Folks,

While it is being sorted out, switch over to the "MKSH" (MirBSD) shell.

As it did not and does not use the GNU tool kit chain, it has not been built with the "readline" issue that exploits "Bash".

However, like "Bash" the "MKSH" shell supports almost all of the same
 syntax and will run "Bash" scripts in a "SH" compatibility mode.

The Korn shell is also very old and very well tested.

I.E. HP, SUN, IBM, etc. all usually default to this command shell.

Unless you have something very "Bash" specific, MKSH" will do for now, if you are concerned.

Anything else that does not require "Bash" specifically should be swapped over.

Also please not that the "SH" command shell has the same problem as the "Bash" command shell.

I would also be looking at any script that uses the "readline" function
or passes Unsanitized input or output to any "BASH" or "SH" shell.

One minor item, Google "Korn shell .profile and .kshrc" first, and
make sure that you update or create the equivalent of the
".bash_profile" and ".bashrc" before you swap your shell over.

Also, you can pretty much cut and paste most of your ".bash_profile" into ".profile" and it will work.

For more advanced tricks, check out the "/etc/profile" script and the
"/etc/profile.d/" directory, as applicable, to your platform.

Linux & Unix built in workarounds to issues since their inception.

Problem solved for now.

1. Can I migrate to MKSH shell on my LinuxMint17 computer quite easily?

2. How necessary is this to be concerned about?

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you,