On 2015-02-20 09:26, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I know what the specs say for throughput on an HP Procurve 2810, but
> does anyone know the true theoretical limit? I know our 5540 ASA is
> 650Mb on 1 Gb ports. Getting Over and under runs and trying to determine
> the cause.

  As others have suggested, the switch is not likely to be the
bottleneck here -- unless it has (and you're using) any Layer 3
functionality, maybe.

  Also, that 650Mbps is only with the SSM-40; if you have the SSM-20,
it's rated for 500Mbps.

  How's the CPU load (e.g., `show cpu`) sitting on the ASA?  I know
things get ugly on the 5520 when the CPU gets up to maybe 60% (which
happens pretty easily when someone leaves a capture running) -- my
kneejerk reaction is to check that if you're having problems.

  Clearly this is still on-topic, as the ASA runs Linux under-the-hood. ;-)

      Jima