On Mar 9, 2013 3:55 PM, "Jeremy MountainJohnson" wrote:
> You actually still use twm? You should try a more lightweight distro
> that has better support for it. Still works in Arch Linux.

distro/de/wm hopping is not what floats my boat, tho i have been warming to
notions like helpful forums, and things working more often.  and twm does
let me down a tad, afterall, eg no drag&drop.  so..  archbang?  bodhi?
crunchbang?  hmm..

not thrilled to embark on a personal quest for forgotten features, perhaps
i might rather gather some clues from you lot, perhaps you can help me take
a peek at the larger world.

what WMs do you know, that can actually behave such that an arriving popup
does not steal the focus?

if there's actually a WM or two out there that can behave that way, well,
here's my list of desirable features, approximately in order of
desirability:

arriving popups do not misdirect ongoing typing
lightweight
window icons may be placed anywhere
titlebars not full width
drag&drop
zooms, left,right,full,top,bottom
no superflous annoying taskbar
focus follows mouse
configurable keystrokes and mouseclicks
titlebar buttons optional

super if you can point me to relevant feature documentation, nice even to
hear which of these features you think exist on a certain wm.  tia!