> On Feb 4, 2015, at 8:39 PM, paul g <pj.world at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Questions -
>
> 1a. Is it necessary to keep the above two addresses on the 'DHCP Reservation List' of the Actiontec Q1000 device?
Probably not.

> 2a. I believe I have no devices currently on the LAN utilizing the same 'MAC' address as the above 'DHCP' output has provided. Can I now safely 'remove' the above listed 'entities' from the DHCP Reservation List?
Can you confirm you don’t have these on your LAN?  Oh 3A has important information - it’s a brand new modem. Confirm anyway. I have tools I use but they’re not Linux apps.

> 3a. As per last week I was able to return the 'leased' ZyXel c1000z and have noticed by using the newly acquired Actiontec Q1000. Speeds are the same but the device has possible 'leakage' Are you aware of ports being actively left open on the Actiontec Q1000 device by any chance?
I’ve never been a fan of the Actiontec modems. They’re pretty cheap and I almost always put a piece of hardware in-between them and my network (like my netgate pfsense boxes).