I've been thinking about building a new server lately.   I'd like to find
a server motherboard with an m.2 slot that's under $200.

This one

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Z97--DDR3-2600-Motherboards/dp/B00K2MAU5Q/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1422856362&sr=8-38&keywords=m.2+ssd

isn't a server motherboard, but it has an m.2 slot.  I had been
thinking about this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=supermicro+mbd+x10sll-f&N=-1&isNodeId=1

, but it doesn't have an m.2 slot.  And to back up a little, I want this
machine to be able to run FreeBSD 10.1 or 11.  Ideally it will have
a motherboard with an m.2 slot and I can boot the machine from the
m.2 ssd.  I'm wondering how to figure out if there are any mother-
boards like that out there now or that will be available soon.

I'm also not sure about selecting a power converter (aka a power supply).
What suggestions can you give me in these areas?  Thanks in advance.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.