> Therefore if you have something on channel 11 you can use channel 6
> free and clear. Same with 1. But if you have anything strong on 2-5
> and you’re on 1 or 4-9 and you’re on 6 you’re SOL. You will be
> bleeding and conflicting and upsetting your transceiver (aka AP).

The problem is worse when you have many of these routers.  I have a
friend who lives in an apartment building that gets internet service
from Comcast. Every single unit needs to have their own wifi router,
and so every unit is broadcasting this xfinity_wifi SSID in addition to
their own SSID. It is very difficult to get a signal, (presumably)
because the pigeonhole principle mandates that there are at least 2-3
SSIDs per channel. Obviously this is a problem in most apartment
buildings, but the effect is much greater when every person is using
two channels instead of just one.