I build 100Tb+ openzfs like everyday, well recently i am building tiny
ones(20Tb or so). In zfs you can build smaller raidsets that you can
combine together to create a pool. So when you go to rebuild, it doesn't
take as long, especially on bigger systems. Also it doesn't resync, it
resilvers only coping the areas of disks that has been written to.

if you would like more info, contact me offlist at linda at kateleyco.com.