You can donate any electronic item as long as it does not have a
refrigerant(A/C units, refrigerators, etc). FreeGeek does ask for a
small monetary donation when dropping off some items that cannot be
processed on site like CRTs and printers because there is a cost to
FreeGeek to dispose of those. BestBuy and Staples will take those from
homes at no cost. The same goes for items containing mercury like CFLs
and standard fluorescent bulbs(but fixtures are OK) and laptops are
definitely OK.

Actually, you can donate just about anything that can be recycled,
come to the meeting on Saturday to learn more about that!