Let me join the chorus praising the SiliconDust tuners!  :-)

Seriously, though, here's your decision tree:

Do you want to record cable TV?
If yes, you want a model that can accept a CableCard.  That's the PRIME
model, which can record three channels at a time . $115 at Amazon.

Do you want to capture from satellite?
If yes, the you don't want one of these: you need something that will take
HDMI or component inputs and do something with it. A Hauppauge HD PVR 2 or
something similar which can record one channel at a time.

Do you want to record over the air TV?
If yes, then:

Do you require that you can watch it on your phone or some other device
that needs to get the content via WiFi?
If yes, then you must have transcoding. One can do this via transcoding on
the back end (as I've been doing for years) or use the brand new option of
a hardware-based transcoder in the EXTEND model (formerly known as the PLUS
model) which can record and transcoder two channels at the same time.  This
is $195 at Amazon.

If you are OK with transcoding on the back end or:

Will you be watching it using frontends that can use wired Ethernet, such
as an Amazon FireTV running XBMC or Kodi or a Raspberry Pi or a PC or Mac?
If either of these, then you can use the cheapest model.

Now known as the CONNECT (formerly known as the DUAL), this can recird two
channels at the same time and is $80 from Amazon.

I own three DUAL tuners. One has the newer black box and two are the older
grey boxes. They are functionally equivalent. We now live in a home where I
can't run Ethernet to an important room. As a test, I've purchased an
EXTEND model and verified that I can watch there over WiFi.

So, in selling my older DUAL tuners and upgrading to another EXTEND model.
If you want to buy them, I think that $40 is a fair price.

A bit about the number of devices: consider the maximum simultaneous
recording channels. For OTA, you might want to record PBS, ABC, CBS, NBC
and Fox at the same time. You'd need two PRIME or three over the air boxes.
I've been using MythTV since 2002 and a need for five simultaneous channels
has never happened to me. If you only want to record four channels at the
same time, you need two devices. (I have three because I used to have a
Myth box at my uncle's in Iowa. )

Hope this helps. Let me know if anyone wants to buy my old tuners.

Thomas