In freenas they have encryption. If you turn encryption on, you will not
be able to export/import the pool to another distro. So yes there are
features that won't cross boundaries. I would encourage you not to use
these kinds of features if you want movement. Most features that are
defined as "flags" currently will not make it unimportable. Like space
histogram in zol. You will still be able to calculate free space, but
not as efficiently for large files.

V28 might make your pool unmovable at some point, although currently all
distros support import and upgrade of v28 pool. Getting to v5000 will
help you adapt to the next phase of changing conditions.

linda