On 2015.04.20 13:10, T L wrote:
> So if I use a feature which has a new compression scheme (just to pick an
> example) and then I later move the pool to an OS which doesn't support that
> scheme, how could this not disable access to the data?
See the zpool-features man page. It varies by feature. Some will completely
prevent import in this case, while others may simply only make the pool
read-only. Also, some features are not mandatory at upgrade time and will not
be enabled automatically. If a feature is disabled, support for it is not
required for import.
Get to know which systems you'll be encountering and what they will support
(and also which features you consider important).