On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:09 PM, swede <danyberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> OT:  Looking for a good wireless router (Access Point) to reside on the
> Green (local) side of my IPCOP machine.  I've been using a WRT54G2 for many
> years now and am looking for something that will work as well but newer and
> faster.  I only use it as an access point with MAC security setup and let
> IPCOP handle the rest.

The biggest challenge you'll have is finding one that can be put into
bridge mode.  I'm assuming you'll want the IPcop box to do all the
heavy lifting.  Check the DD-WRT compatibility guide:

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Because you'll probably want to replace the factory firmware.  Also,
APs are hit and miss on their support of multicast mode.  Multicast is
used by a lot of wireless printers and other plug-n-play wifi devices.
Many of the newer APs don't play well.  You'll want to put DD-WRT on
the device to make sure your wireless needs are fully supported.

Good luck!
Brian