On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, e.c. wrote:

> maybe after Zebra ... Aardvark

I guess they don't really know what the new convention will be, but the
weirdest thing is, they never had an A version or a C version, they did H
twice, and they did W first.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevelopmentCodeNames

They started with Warty Warthog (4.10), followed that with Hoary Hedgehog
(5.04) then Breezy Badger (5.10), then Dapper Drake (6.06 LTS) and only
after that were versions alphabetical - E,F,G, etc.

I never knew about that weirdness in the initial early naming scheme.

So I guess they don't care all that much about alphabetizing.  The names
are already messed up in that regard.  If I were them, I'd just go back to
A after Z and repeat the Adjective Animal system with different words.
They already have a lot of proposed names from the first time around.

Mike