On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, e.c. wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Ryan Coleman <ryan.coleman at cwis.biz> wrote:
>> I vote for it being called Zygote... But that's just me.
>>
>> I haven't noticed that all their releases are named after animals (real or
>> mythical)... are they?
>
> Yes, types of animals and zygote isn't a type of animal. Since there are
> many more alphabets full of animals than Toy Story characters, maybe
> after Zebra ... Aardvark, versions should have a u or d suffix so that
> Ubuntu doesn't forget where it came from and can be brought into synch
> with Debian.  Hopefully, before we have to have recourse to extinct
> animal species names, both os flavors will be folded together so that
> one of them will go extinct. Distro bloat is the greatest evil that the
> uxes suffer from.

I'm interested in what you are saying, but I don't understand it.  What
would u or d suffixes represent?  Would that follow the number, as in
Ubuntu 18.04d?

What is "distro bloat?"  Does that mean that one distro is bloated, or
that we have a large number of slightly different distros out there?

Mike