I am getting the following error (or warning) when I run virtualbox
and then when I make a new machine and reserve disk space (ver.
4.3.10-dfsg-1 with virtualbox-qt):

VirtualBox .... Gtk-critical .... assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Aside from this appearing in the terminal screen after every step of
the setup in the Oracle VirtualBox gui screen, the process seems to be
going normally. Can the failure of this assertion be ignored? If not,
can someone give me an apt-get recipe for installing all the packages
that VirtualBox depends on? I have gotten as far as this using
synaptic. I am trying to make a w32 win7 guest on this linux mint 17
laptop. There is no grub boot manager; it just starts in mint without
any scrolling by of the startup process, vmlinuz et al.
I bought the laptop (lenovo t400) without any MS OS installed.

Thanks,

Ed