I had a pair of Zyxel routers that worked for 3-5 years before being
retired. Maybe the 330?

The Actiontec that CenturyLink provided with their 20/40 Mbit DSL service
in 2010 still works but I've always tried to keep the load (and heat) light
by keeping WiFi off and using an Apple TimeCapsule or Airport Express. Even
so, I have to reboot it every month or so. The connection degrades to a
crawl and then a reboot brings it back to life. The box reports fell speed
both before and after. I suspect a memory leak in the firmware.

I'm hoping that the Almond+ I ordered from Kickstarter turns up soon.

Thomas