Would this perhaps be somewhat of a starting point to obtain a currently installed printer-driver on an Ubuntu 10.04 computer? The problem I am having is that the 'Lexmark X5070' printer I have has no driver available on the Lexmark website for Ubuntu 12.04. Someone suggested I may be able to retain the current print driver and install it on Ubuntu 12.04. I know I can read more but suggestions are welcome.

Moving printer definitions from one machine to another
Let
 us say that you have a print server with 30 defined printers. And you
have to move all those printers to another machine, because you want to
retire that server. Sounds difficult? Yes. But it isn't. At least if you have a CentOS 4 or CentOS 3 machine, the printconf command vanished from CentOS 5.
   Note: For moving printer configs with CentOS 5 please see this page until it gets incorporated into the wiki.

Here's how to do it
Make yourself at home as root on the old server. Issue the following command: printconf-tui --Xexport > printers.xml
Now copy the printers.xml to the new machine.  Log on to this machine as root, also. Do the following: printconf-tui --Ximport < printers.xml
Now the last thing you have to do is restart cups on the new machine - and you're ready: service cups restart

Thanks for your help