On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM, paul g <pj.world at hotmail.com> wrote:

> does BSD license give me more freedom than GPL-License?

It depends on your definition of "freedom".

Some people say that the GPL gives less freedom, as it makes it difficult
to use GPL-licensed software as part of a larger non-GPL (or proprietary)
package. Conversely, some people say that BSD gives less freedom, as it
infringes on the rights of the original software authors to have their code
(and any derivative code) remain open-source.

I am employed by a company that uses open-source software extensively in
our proprietary software product. When choosing other pre-existing packages
to use as part of our product, we nearly always try and find something that
is BSD (or equivalent) licensed.

It's all very complicated, and there are very strong opinions on both sides
of the issue. You probably just ought to spend some time reading about the
various open-source licenses to familiarize yourself.

-Erik