Jeff Jensen
  > I'm probably switching from CenturyLink to Comcast

I made that switch a couple of months ago and also wanted to
buy a modem.  The guy who installed the Comcast modem
told me there are a few I could buy and he would show me
them.  It had taken a long time to install the modem though
(their provisioning system went down) and so I didn't want to
deal with it any more and just got his name and number.
Later I tried to call him and never could get through to him or
got a message back.  So I still have the rental.

About a month after I switched, Century Link knocked on the
door and they offered me an even better deal, but I was still
tired from the long install and didn't want to go through anything
like that again.  I should have asked them how many months
they were talking about for their deal.  I think if I switch back
that would make it easier to get away from the hard to find
modems that work for Comcast.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.