I am fairly inept at using the command line and usually do ok when I install
software using the software manager thru the usual way from the repositories.
I have obtained some NETDISK DUO NewFAST - Enclosure 352UN which is made or
sold by IOCELL Networks. The original owner of the software put it in the
public domain, at least it says so on the website.

I have made an effort to understand how to install the software on my linux
mint 15 OS, but I am afraid to mess things up and cause a melt-down by
entering commands in the terminal. I no that linux does warn you of your
stupidity when typing in a command and will simply do what it is told. LOL

This thing is not a normal NAS so it has NO IP Address as such. It is
installed using software and I tried it first on my windows 7 machine and it
worked like a charm and I can see every drive (I have two of the units
installed on the network) and can do anything with the files as if they were
on my machine. Fast too I might add.
But when it came to doing this with linux I was really disappointed. No Gui to
use for sure. No repository with the software. I am told I have to download
the .tar file (which I did) and complile the software.

This is a bit beyond my desire to inflict harm on my well-performing linux
machine. I have the steps to take via a couple of places I have been to and
printed the install steps out on paper, but I am way wary of carrying them
out. Probably so many errors it will not run but you never know.

If anyone has a way to do it easier via a gui, then let me know. A shame this
has not been developed by anyone in the last 3-1/2 years the software was made
public.

Ken Lynes