Run like hell away from FreeBSD - it’s a lot harder than you want.

The learning curve on it is huge - and you can choose to not reply to me all you want but I’m one of the top people here on BSD. I’m a user of BSD since 2002 and I’m slowly migrating away to Ubuntu because it simply does not do what I need.

A few basics: You need the Ports. If you didn’t install them you need to get them from the FreeBSD mirrors.
Then install portupgrade
Then install nano
Then install bash
And then install Webmin
(all of these are in ports)

Now learn about services - the are not run the same as any Linux OS I’ve ever used (this is not Linux, it’s BSD - one of the closest to Unix than you’ll find in the wild).

Your services are run in /etc/rc.conf but your conf files are almost all in /usr/local/etc/ (unless it’s system-level).

> Reminder:  I don't reply to top-posters here.

You can take my advice or ignore it, I don’t care.

—
Ryan
Admin of FreeBSD since 5.2