Again, I think you’re needing to re-consider your stance.

If my phone is stolen and they turn it off (I have find my phone turned on and running, thank you very much) I want to make sure no one OTHER THAN MYSELF can use it.

Why? Because this phone costs me over $800 when all is said and done (after subsidies paid in higher rates over a specified period of time).

In Minnesota theft of over $500 is a felony. This is a felony that is almost impossible to trace. How do you suggest we curb it? We have the technology, why shouldn’t we use it?

Paranoia isn’t an reason, it’s a symptom.