I’m a fan of the pfSense devices (NetGate sells a good PC Engines board combo) and it’s pretty powerful but not the most on the market. Plus it runs FreeBSD 8.2 (not for the Linux purists, I imagine).

I’m installing a few hundred of these out there for a customer’s super building security network and I’m using it at home and the bar now instead of my Apple hardware.

It’s $200/box, though. You can get the software for free from pfsense.org.