On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM, David Wagle <david.wagle at gmail.com> wrote:

> adobe has stopped supporting flash on Linux. Even if you can find a
> working older plugin, it won't  have the ability to handle DRM stuff like
> Netflix.

I don't have Netflix, but the old plugin version is still works for Hulu,
Amazon Prime and YouTube.

The  current "best" solution is to install pipelight -- which sets up a
> modified wine instance that allows Linux browsers to use native windows
> versions of plugins.  It is far from perfect, but it will get you a fully
> functional flash environment -- albeit a slightly buggy one.

Bleh. Reminds me of the bad old days of using NDISWrapper for Wifi. I can't
remember the last time I even saw someone asking about NDISWrapper -- I'm
glad that's behind us finally. Hopefully some day this pipelight hack will
be equally unnecessary.

--
Michael Moore