Does the file have a direct URL? If so, you could use wget and just keep restarting it. Not prettiest method, but it has worked for me several times.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Brian Wood" <woodbrian77 at gmail.com>
To: "tclug-list" <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 12:22:15 PM
Subject: [tclug-list] Downloads cut off

Yesterday I was downloading a Manjaro Linux file that was 1.1 gig.

Two times the download was stopped in the middle. Both of those
times I had initiated a second download of a smaller file. The down-

load of the smaller files completed fine, but the download of Manjaro

was halted before completion. I don't have a real fast internet
connection, but am getting a great deal on it, so can't complain too
much. The machine I was downloading Manjaro on has Fedora
on it and the machine I initiated the smaller downloads on is

running Arch.

Both times the download of Manjaro had gotten over 400 meg.

It seemed like a waste of resources to download it from the
beginning multiple times. Any ideas of things I could do to improve

the situation? It would be nice if a download would just slow way
down for a while rather than being aborted. Thanks in advance.

--

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - So far G-d has helped us.

http://webEbenezer.net