I pay for service from dyn.com so that I can have >1 dyndns.org addresses.
That has been fine.

Last week, however, I encountered a BIG problem with Dyn.

Everydns.org merged into Dyn 2.5 years ago. The transition was well managed
and communicated. So, I've also been using their DNS service since then. As
a "legacy" Everydns customer, this service was grandfathered in for free.

Last week, they turned off the service with zero notice or communication.
Their servers just stopped responding to DNS queries. I only found out when
cached lookup information timed out across the net & mail started becoming
undeliverable.

Shame on me for not having better monitoring tools.  Shame on them for the
lack of communication. It is unclear to me how many legacy Everydns
customers remain or if all of the them were turned off.

Thomas