Thank you for taking your time to reply to my question Marc. Happy Holidays to you as well. 😊

paul g
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 14:35:36 -0600
From: mat at mthx.org
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Manjero or Mint?

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM, paul g <pj.world at hotmail.com> wrote:

I feel a bit 'bummed' out right now because I have been amped up on this LinuxMint kick for over a month now. I'll try n figure something out if I can. I had been considering Gentoo but then got overwhelmed but it still comes back to my mind. Thanks for your help with this situation. Happy Holidays to you as well. 😈

Paul,
If you are enjoying Linux Mint, then there is no need to move onto anything else. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Linux Mint if it is working for you. I used Mint for about 18 months back around Linux Mint 13. It's a great distro!
I personally have jumped from a variety of distro's, mostly Fedora, Ubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME, Mint, Antergos, and Arch. I have landed on Arch and have stuck with it since February this year and don't have any immediate plans to change my default. While I still enjoy spinning up a new version of a distro in a VM, and sometimes on hardware, I don't feel the need to do that except for exploration and education.
Don't feel that you need to try something different, or "more challenging" like Gentoo/Slackware/Arch/etc unless your in it for the self education. If what you have is working for you, then stick with it!

> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 14:03:52 -0600
> From: mr.chew.baka at gmail.com
> To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
> Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Manjero or Mint?
>
> On 12/30/2014 1:16 PM, paul g wrote:
> > Bob, I appreciate your input but someone that is let's just say
> > 'challenged' mentally such as myself could have bigger/broader problems
> > with Slackware possibly. What are your thoughts on this?
>
> No.  It's probably the easiest to use in my opinion.  For starters it
> works.  Beyond that Slackware has a huge fantastic community for help &
> advice.  Fire it up.  You might like it.
>
> I've been using it since the mid 90's, and absolutely love it.
>
> No one can truely answer your original question but you.  Just keep
> trying them until you find the right fit.  This right distro is out
> there for you somewhere.

Marc Thomas
mthx.org | Github: mthxx | @mthx_