SDA,
This is not really a Linux related topic so I am not surprised it did
not show up on the list.

Ryan,
Where are you getting your odds from? And what do you mean by "outer
areas" exactly? Outside of the 494/694 loop?

On 25.12.2014 14:02, Ryan Coleman wrote:

> That's 10GBE; We've had 1GBE in the city for almost 5 years now.
>
> Odds are the outer areas won't get serviced simply due to cost - my last job had a quote for $20,000 to get 1GBE service to our office in Cottage Grove - and we had the school district literally across the highway.
>
> --
> Ryan
>
>> On Dec 25, 2014, at 1:39 PM, Saul Alanis <sdalano at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned on the list:
>>
>> http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_27194397/u-s-internet-rolls-out-faster-service-minneapolis [1]
>>
>> A while back I heard the story on MPR how Google fiber attracts entrepreneurs springing up shops like the kcstartupvillage in KC.
>>
>> http://www.kcstartupvillage.org/ [2]
>>
>> TBH, I am quite tired of Comcast and hoping the City of Burnsville/Dakota County will get their act together and join the 21st century.

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_27194397/u-s-internet-rolls-out-faster-service-minneapolis