On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 6:48 AM, o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would be quite curious to find out what search term you used to find this
> url - - please?

Search for 'burn bluray debian'.  Fourth link down, 'minimize coasters'.

> Also sort of pathetic that the 'official packages' don't work and one needs
> to build from source,
> which is exactly what Debian preaches NOT to do - - - hmmmmmmmmmm - - -
> maybe
> its also related to the documentation issues plaguing most software.

It's not just a Debian thing.  It's a licensing issue with certain
parts of the code.  Debian will only include code that conforms to
certain licenses in their 'main' branch.  'contrib' and 'nonfree' are
where all the not-so-free goodies live.  It is possible there is a
contrib version of the real cdrtools package, I haven't dug in to find
out.  This issue has existed for some time in many distros.  Back when
I started using linux, Redhat shipped with the 'pico' text editor.
'pico' has seemingly fallen off the planet since, because the major
distros had issues with the licensing from WU.  Hence the GPL friendly
'nano' was born and is included in just about every distro.

> I'll give this a whirl hopefully tonight.

Good luck.  Hopefully in the future BR burning will become a little more simple.

Brian