I've been using Samba3 for a number of years setup like this
security = server
password server = domain controller

In this setup the password is sent off to the domain controller to be
checked and then the samba server grants the user access based on what the
domain controller comes back with. So I'm not storing any passwords on my
server. Furthermore I have never used "net join" to join the samba server
to the domain.

Now in Samba4 "security = server" is no longer a valid security setting.  I
have tried setting the realm, setting security to domain or ads or even
auto and I can't seem to figure out how to get the equivalent behavior.
Does anyone know how to make this work in Samba4?

Thanks

Jon Schewe

--
http://mtu.net/~jpschewe