Andrew Berg writes:
> http://www.pcbsd.org/
>
> It's a distribution of FreeBSD that comes with a bunch of desktop goodies
(like
> DEs and graphical system configuration utilities) and is preconfigured to
work
> as a desktop system. Underneath, it still has the FreeBSD base system, so
> you're still getting things like pf and ZFS (and of course, there are
graphical
> tools for doing things with ZFS included).
> KDE is the default DE, but others like GNOME/MATE and Xfce and such are
> available and officially supported.

I got Xfce running now.  Under KDE, my windows would move around
after I locked, went away and then unlocked.  I was hoping that wouldn't
be the case with Xfce, but noticed it again today when I got here.  Is
there something I can do to prevent that?

> BTW, since I'm doing a talk on FreeBSD at the November meeting, I want to
ask:
> is there a lot of interest in PC-BSD? I had planned on saying a few things
> about it, but I can prepare something more substantial if people are
really
> interested in it.

I'd like to know what local companies are using BSD.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.