I know that removing 'visitor' write permissions is probably not the correct procedure. Cause how this computer setup as now gives ownership of the [Shared] to everyone who has an account on the system thus dissallowing [visitors/guests to write]. Your help is appreciated. More understanding on my end is necessary that is obvious.

What I hope to know now is well... in the Debian world fact is---add users to specific groups not just add groups to users. <----Is that the right way I should be thinking?

I'll read more thanks Ryan.
Thanks for all your help.