Seconded.

In the BSD world we have “wheel” instead of a labeled administrator group. I have 30 or so “special” accounts that are for my photographers so they’re in a group called “photographers”.

Plus, having special tasks running in the background, having that group is advantageous because I have those tasks only target those folders. And since some of these tasks are directly created/spawned by web server function I can somewhat protect myself.

Somewhat.

I don’t recommend doing it, though, unless you’re very experienced and especially careful. I once had a photographer (many moons ago when I was young and dumb) delete 15 games worth of photos. She got click-happy and my other photographers wre not impressed having to reupload all their photos.

She blamed it on a medical condition; I, on the other hand, knew better and asked her some technical support-style questions. When logic was not the issue I terminated her contract.

Live and learn. At least it was an easy “oops” to overcome. Most others, though, are not.

tl;dr - make sure you CYA when you set things up.