On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 8:17 PM,  <tclug at freakzilla.com> wrote:
> MythTV still works fine for that, yeah. I'm on a super-old version of MythTV
> because the newer MythMusics are terrible, but hey. Still works. Last time I
> checked, MythTV was still the top at actually scheduling and recording...
> though setting up the capture card was a pain.

>From what I remember, the stock capture driver worked pretty well with
the card out of the box.  That's why I shelled out for that specific
card, it had a "works everywhere" chipset.

> Not 100% sure about the whole DLNA thing, since I have no device that does
> DLNA 100% correctly.

One of these years I'll pick myself up one of them new-fangled Blu-ray
players with a DLNA client.  Today, I just play with it.  I had a
Debian DLNA server pointed at my NAS and it seemed to work peachy with
Windows Media Player (yeah yeah... I know).  I would like to be able
to rip DVDs (that I own, yes) and CDs (yes) as well as recorded TV
from Myth and retrieve it via DLNA.  Last I looked this wasn't working
with a lot of extra steps.

Thanks for the reply, I will continue the pursuit of an updated Myth box.

Brian