On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM, Ryan Coleman <ryanjcole at me.com> wrote:

> If it worked I never would have given it up - having the option to listen
> to some broadcasts on demand from anywhere would have been too nice to pass
> up.

Agreed. With most stations live-streaming these days, it's likely not
needed, but you could likely pick up one of those cheap RTL-SDR dongles to
accomplish the same. They're well-supported in linux.

One can do all sorts of cool stuff with these dongles - homebrew police
scanner (even for the 800 MHz digital systems), decoding weather satellite
images, listening to shortwave radio, etc.