One thing to keep in mind is PPC has been out of production for a decade. You want a currently developed platform to work on a 10-year old (at the newest) architecture.

Good luck. Just because the OS supports something the software developer of your packages needs to spend the time and money to develop for it as well - that's a hard sell.

I don't support browsers over 5years old in my web development world because, well, they account for less than 1% of my customer base.

--
Ryan Coleman