On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Adam Barthelemy <adam at askewview.net>wrote:

> With issues like this I like to take a look at multiple pings.

Great advice - I just wanted to note that "mtr" is a great tool for this.
I'm guessing that most on this list are familiar with it, but for those
that aren't, mtr is more or less gives you a "live" traceroute, showing
latency to each hop along the route to your destination. As such, this will
automatically show latency to your default gateway, along with every other
router along the way (modulo MPLS tunnels, which can hide routing hops, but
that's another discussion).

-Erik