They must've. We run it on RHEL and SLES with the same performance. We also
work with three developers at Red Hat that work on XFS.

Red Hat doesn't support it as the root filesystem on RHEL6, although I'm
unsure as to why.

I'd probably still use Linux out of preference, but I can't speak to how
good ZFS is. I've never used it, only heard about it being pretty good.