I would recommend not counting on wifi, especially anything free from
a motel you're staying at.  I was there a few years ago, and it was
dialup speed when it was available.
My electronic devices were 110-240 compatible, so just the standard
two prong european power adapter worked well.  The one I used most was
like this one: http://goeurope.about.com/cs/electricity/l/bl_electricity.htm
Know the language and don't carry a massive DSLR around your neck and
you'll attract less attention from potential thieves.  That applies in
most places. ;)
If you're interested in any other not tech related advice, feel free
to contact me off list and I can give you some more tips from my
experience.
- Justin