On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, Andrew Berg wrote:

> If you see tons of these errors on a disk, it probably means the disk is
> going bad, but a single checksum error could have been anything.

I've had three of these in the <1week since I set up the pool, never on
the same disk. I know it's not a "real" problem but if I'm clearing errors
on a daily basis, even not serious ones, I have a bit of a problem with
the filesystem...

> I still have no idea what would be causing poor performance, though
> unless your disks really do have a lot of bad blocks and/or are failing.

not super likely to be a bad disk since, like I said, they've all gone
through a very severe badblocks test before I put them in the array, and
I'm not seeing anything in syslog.

> NewEgg made me pay for the shipping label and wouldn't send me a
> replacement until they got the defective one.

See, I want to love newegg. I really do. Their system is phenomenal for
researching components (very easy to find exactly what you want using
their advanced/power search.

But Amazon beat them on price almost every time, plus Amazon Prime...