On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 05:19:26PM +0000, Miller, Seth wrote:
> It didn't take long to find out that there is a way to force the
> update by modifying the autoexec.bat on the iso. However, when I mount
> the iso in Linux, I don't see any of the files. My assumption is that
> the iso is using a dos boot loader. What I don't understand is why I
> can't read those files.
>
> Anyway, the objective is to extract the autoexec.bat, modify it and
> put it back into the file or just create a new iso with the files. Any
> help or suggestions would be appreciated.

What you have there might be an "El-Torito" image, where a 1.44MB or
2.88MB floppy image is loaded into RAM and used to simulate a floppy
disk.  That image and its contents do not appear when you mount an iso
as a filesystem.  You'll need to dig in the file using a hex-editor,
looking for the FAT or the boot sector to identify where the image
starts.

Cheers,
florin

--