I am attempting to flash a bios on an older Dell server that used to be a McAfee Webgateway. McAfee puts their own branded bios on these servers which locks down some of the server features.

I found the OEM bios on Dell's website. Among other formats, it comes packaged as a bootable iso. Since this server doesn't have a cdrom drive and the bios feature to boot from usb is disabled, I set up PXE and was able to boot the iso that way.

However, when the command executed to initialize the bios flash, an error was thrown stating that the bios update was not a certified McAfee bios. McAfee actually locked down the ability to flash the bios as well.

It didn't take long to find out that there is a way to force the update by modifying the autoexec.bat on the iso. However, when I mount the iso in Linux, I don't see any of the files. My assumption is that the iso is using a dos boot loader. What I don't understand is why I can't read those files.

Anyway, the objective is to extract the autoexec.bat, modify it and put it back into the file or just create a new iso with the files. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Seth

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential or legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain a copy of or disseminate any portion of this communication without the consent of the sender and that doing so may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail and delete it from your system.