On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm fine with a padlock for my bicycle, but not the software.

I enjoy the challenge of building a data center from scratch.

OK, *there's* the real reason. You enjoy the challenge. Great!

I must say, though, It's silly to suggest that the security (with or
without padlock) of a well-designed, well-monitored datacenter is somehow
inferior to keeping a server in the office. There are *so* many benefits
other than security that come along with hosting in a datacenter - if your
operation keeps growing, you'll likely need to consider real datacenter
space at some point. From a cost perspective, it's just not feasible to
think individual small companies can even come close to the level of
security, reliability, connectivity, and environmental conditions offered
by a professional datacenter.