Perhaps the XServer will be part of the monitor, instead of combined
into the computer motherboard.

Unix and Linux have a confusing graphical user interface.

Originally, a terminal was connected to a mainframe over RS232 slow
lines. All the terminal did was send characters to the mainframe that
did all the thinking, then sent back encoded display characters. This
model persists even today with concepts like "controlling terminal,"
"pseudo-terminal," "background jobs,""session," etc.

Then faster ethernet emerged, along with high resolution color displays,
and the XServer is really a separate network entity from the operating
system; both technically and legally.

There is no reason the XServer and graphics chips can't or even should
not exist on the display + screen itself. Why fling around all that high
frequency EM noise when just pushing a mouse with a button??

There might be some serious innovation going on here. No reason to lug
around graphics in a microdevice when a simple plug-in to an X display
might offer more flexibility.

Then a comfortable resource intensive OS might make complete sense.