On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:

> If his enthusiasm sometimes causes him to make incorrect statements, then
> feel free to correct him, just like we correct everyone else.

I have. Others have as well, apparently to no effect.

To be clear, I have nothing against passion, even passion for
old/lightweight hardware. We *need* passionate people. What I think is
unhealthy (for the person and the profession) It is when passion becomes so
one-sided that the person is unable to understand or even acknowledge that
there are a *lot* of different use cases, requirements, hardware,
preferences, etc. out there. As another list member pointed out - it's no
use dismissing the whole Parallela project just because it ships with
Ubuntu by default.

While I do focus on server-side linux implementations, I do try and keep a
broader view of other areas of linux usage as well: desktop, embedded, etc.
I recognize, though that we all have blind spots - myself very much
included, and it's in all of our best interests to try and minimize those
blind spots. So to that end, I'm willing to have an honest, open-handed,
respectful conversation about this.

Happy Monday, all!
-Erik