On Sat, Jun 08, 2013 at 12:32:48AM -0500, Yaron wrote:
> >It sounds great except for the inclusion of Ubuntu.
>
> Jason, seriously. You can't automatically dismiss everything that
> has Ubuntu written on it.

Yes, you're right!  Warthy Warthog was awesome!  All the goodness of
Debian with the latest X.org and Gnome 2!  And regular updates.

But since Ubuntu and KDE and Gnome decided that they don't need the
old users, they're going to find new users... everything went down the
drain.

Why couldn't they go and make pwetty Mac apps on their shinny silver
'books and let us, the unenlightened masses wallow in the mire?

Yes, the 5 clock applets for Gnome weren't good enough!  We have to
make a new one, in Javascript, and remove the ability to use applets
to people will be forced to use the one true clock.  And be prevented
from opening a second terminal unless they contort their fingers and
beg for forgiveness.  Because we all use fully-maximized windows on
27" monitors.

But boy did we get one button 'social' integration and 'social' search
with results from Amazon.  Progress...

I shudder to think what would have happened if they would have been
born 30 years earlier, and would have taken over grep and gcc and cat.

Cheers,
florin

--
Sent from my last battery.