On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Justin Krejci <jus at krytosvirus.com> wrote:
> Anyone out there using Mint 15 desktop?
> Giving Mint 15 a go has been pretty decent with MATE though I still prefer my
> original gnome2 desktop, I'd like to hear if anyone has any comments or
> thoughts on MATE or Mint in general.
>
> As I am still trying to figure out how, if possible, to replicate certain
> desktop experiences I've customized with my old gnome2 setup,

I'm using Mate 1.6.0 on Debian, which I think is the same version as
on Mint 15. Is there anything specific you wanted to customize? My
configuration is pretty close to the default, but I'd be happy to try
a few things for you.

I like Mate pretty well, but I think it's a stopgap measure until
either Gnome3 gets through its growing pains or until I take the time
to learn a new WM.

I didn't like Gnome3 or Unity when they came out, and haven't tried
them since. I tried switching over to XFCE but window behavior and the
docks were different enough from Gnome2 that I didn't want to take the
time to customize them at the time. I can't remember the specifics, I
think it had to do with alt+right-click resizing and alt+left-click
window moving not working or something petty.

--
Michael Moore