Anyone out there using Mint 15 desktop? I repartitioned one of my hard drives of my primary desktop, a desktop that I have spent a great deal of time customizing over the years running Ubuntu 10.10, which was tough with three large high resolution monitors.

I made a couple of partitions actually, one for Ubuntu 13.04 and one for Mint 15. I still can't stand unity and am utterly disappointed by it. Giving Mint 15 a go has been pretty decent with MATE though I still prefer my original gnome2 desktop, I'd like to hear if anyone has any comments or thoughts on MATE or Mint in general. I'd like to give Cinnamon a go as well but just have not had the time lately.

As I am still trying to figure out how, if possible, to replicate certain desktop experiences I've customized with my old gnome2 setup, I will reserve my primary criticisms of MATE's shortcomings until I am convinced that they're not just my ignorance. The overall experience is very similar (compatible) so I am seriously considering moving to it as my primary desktop replacement.

On a side note, I've been using Mint 14 (MATE) on my primary laptop and that has been a very good experience, though by comparison it is a much simpler setup and I have less stringent requirements for it. I will say that it was my first foray into using Virtual Box, having come from a heavy VMware background, and it works brilliantly for my meager needs.