On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 01:40:02PM -0600, Mike Miller wrote:
> I drove to Madison and back this weekend.  Along the way, I checked
> every few miles and I found that there was no point between the Twin
> Cities and Madison (on I-94) where I could get an internet
> connection with my T-Mobile Nexus 4 -- nothing, ever.  In Madison, I
> had no internet connection -- no G4, no G3, no G-anything, no
> internet service at all.

While not trying to refute your experience, I would like to note that
we passed through downtown Madison two summers ago, and we also spent
a night in a hotel close to I-94 in Madison last summer and we had
Internet access on our T-Mobile G2 phones (HTC-made).  I don't
remember the 4G/3G availability, but I believe I noted Edge (2G) only
once.  I know we had reasonable Internet access because we navigated
using the Google Maps/Navigation app.  Just another data point near
your poly-line, I know.

Cheers,
florin

--
Beware of software written by optimists!